Do you want to take your map editing skills to the next level? Try working with a waze community mentor. In a friendly one-on-one setting, you can learn at your own pace about map skills and the map editing community -- everything you need to know to make a better contribution to the map.
What is in it for new editors?
- You know you are getting the right information from an approved mentor.
- You'll have someone to answer your editing questions.
- You'll be working with the same mentor for as long as you both want to work together -- someone who knows where you are in your training.
- You'll have a checklist of the skills you have mastered and skills need to learn
- You may have the opportunity to practice skills that are above your rank.
- You'll get involved in the editing community, gain the trust of senior editors, and be ready to take on new roles.
- You'll learn more faster. You will have the potential to reach higher ranks and gain greater responsibility sooner.
What is in it for mentors?
- You get to know mentees, train them up right, and get them connected with Regional Coordinators.
- This means more trusted editors working on the parts of the map that need it most.
- And by teaching, you will sharpen your skills and stay up-to-date with the latest changes to WME and best editing practices
Ready to get started?
Are you ready to take the next step? For more information and links to learning materials, please see the Mentoring page. You may ask questions on the Mentoring Forum
- Read the guidelines
- Read how to apply in your country