- Functional Classification Maps
- The Illinois DOT (IDOT) has confirmed that the GIS-based interactive maps are more current than the 5-Year PDF maps. The PDF maps require additional manual steps to update and may lag.
- It is important to note that the interactive (GIS-based) functional classification map uses a third-party base map whose accuracy in road naming cannot be guaranteed. While the functional classification (FC) indications are provided by the State, the third-party base map data is not an appropriate external source of information (see Using external sources).'
- For additional information on matching road types to FC, please see Road Type (Functional Classification).
- General Highway Maps for cities and counties from IDOT
- Illinois Virtual Tollway
- USGS National Map Viewer (sometimes quite out of date)
- 2011 Boundary and Annexation Survey Maps from US Census Bureau
- Google Map Tools (useful for drawing arbitrary polygons to use in AM requests)
- Illinois High Speed Rail Crossing Closures
City of Chicago