New York/UR Project/Queens
|Start: Sun Jun 23 @ 00:00||End: Sat Aug 17 @ 23:59|
NY UR Project takes Queens
Remember this is NOT a MapRaid; take your time and evaluate each individual Update Request to the fullest extent in order to resolve any underlying issue that may be present.
- Use URs to find and fix the map
- Analyze, answer, and act on every open UR in Queens.
- Learn, practice, and teach NY state guidelines and best practices for working URs
- Look for and fix other issues in the general vicinity of the URs
- If all the URs are currently dealt with (closed, or in a "waiting period"), address PURs and MPs in the current borough.
What is NOT a Goal of this Project
- Any edits not required to solve URs, such as parking lots or other basic edits.
- Speed Limits (except if required to solve a UR or to bring the segment you are working on up to NY state standards).
- Locking standards (except if required to bring the segment you are working on up to NY state standards).
Tools and Scripts for Queens
In addition to the recommended Project Tools, the following are recommended in Queens:
- New York State Email
- Ever wish the UR reporter could email you images or more information? The New York State editing community has set up an email address - WazeNewYork[at]gmail.com - to make this easier. If they include your username in the subject line, someone (Dude495 or JDelosa) will forward it to you. If you sign up, the account will autoforward the emails to you. The New York editing community feels that this step takes very little effort and occasionally yields fantastic results. Give it a try whenever you think it might help. (The NY Community strongly recommends you include this email somewhere in your closing response before marking any UR as Not Identified)
- Queens Groups Overlay Script
- See the your group's area and borders in WME (Once installed, load the "NY UR Project - Queens" overlay.)
- NY UR Project Countdown Timer
- Adds a count down timer to the left panel of your WME window to the start of each phase, once the current phase beings the timer will change to the time remaining.
- Group .wkt files for Queens
- Google Drive folder containing each groups .wkt file for the URMP Script.
- Place Browser - NY UR Project
- Custom Place Browser page specifically for the NY UR Project Queens phase. (Thank you Joyriding)
Right-click your group number to start WME in your group area