Ohio implements the Great Lakes Region minimum lock levels for Waze road types:
Minimum Road Lock Standard
|Minimum Road Lock Standard|
|Other Named Types||1|
(changes without aerial images)
- HCS - Highest Connecting Segment
See Ohio/Major roads for additional information on the regional standards in this section.
Ohio has no variances from the USA Speed Limits wiki: USA Speed Limits Wiki
Speed Limit Effective-Location for Ohio
Speed Limits in Ohio change at the sign. This is important when determining where speed limit changes should be marked on the Waze map. USA guidance for states that "change at the sign" is given here.
Ohio is using the Great Lakes region Update Requests Response System:
NOTE: all day values are relative to the date the FIRST editor response is sent to the reporter.
- Day 0: the first editor who is able to respond to UR should attempt to resolve the UR. If they are successful, they should comment as such in the UR and mark it closed. If more information from the reporter is required to make progress towards closure, a response should be sent to the reporter containing the information needed for resolution
- Day 4+: polite reminders should be sent to reporters who have not responded to the initial at any time, provided at least four full days have elapsed since the initial response was sent
- Day 8+: URs may be noted as closed due to lack of reporter response at any time, provided at least four full days have elapsed since the followup message was sent
- All editors are considered to have equal ownership of and responsibility for all URs in the Great Lakes Region.
- All editors, regardless if they have worked the UR previously, may send any of the responses describe above, provided they adhere the minimum time spacing guidance between responses.
- All editors are explicitly encouraged to attempt resolving URs at any point during their lifecycle, even if others happen to be actively working it at the same time
- The ideal timeline for UR response is when responses are sent as early as the minimum required time spacing between messages permits; experience has reliably shown that UR response rates are much higher when editors are able to send responses promptly
- While strongly recommended, it is not required to send the followup message.