Revision as of 21:03, 23 October 2017 by DBsooner (Fixed headings and superscripts.)
|This article has current ongoing forum threads in regards to Point vs Area, as well as naming. Please follow local or regional guidance on these until a consensus is made and this page is updated. Naming Forum Thread|
- Post Office
- Only if the place is listed by the USPS as "Post Office", "Village Post Office", or "Contract Postal Unit". If it is not in the list, please consult regional or USA Places guidance for the correct category.
- Waze Mobile App searches for "post office" will find Waze places only if they have the Post Office category or have a Google link to a Post Office. Thus, it is important we limit the amount of places we add the Post Office category to.
- Point or Area
- Refer to regional guidance (USA Standard: Point, some regions use Area)
- Stop Point
- USA Stop Point guidance
- USA - Except New York City (see below):
- Primary Name: Post Office - [Station]1
- Alternate Name: USPS
- Alternate Name: [ZIP]2
- 1Substitute [ZIP] with zip code the Post Office Serves. If serves multiple, include Alt Names for each.
- 2Substitute [Station] with the official name of the station from USPS.
- Note: If USPS denotes the Station as a VPO (Virtual Post Office) or CPU (Contract Postal Unit) in the Station name, please make sure to include that in the name above. (Example: Post Office - CPU Fordham University)
- New York City:
- DETAILS HERE
- Include the first line as the City, State and Zip Code
- Ex: Tulsa, OK 74101
- Lock Level
- Consult your state or regional wiki page (see left sidebar)