User:Jushag/NYS UR Guidelines
Update Requests (URs) represent the customer service that we, the Waze Map Editors, are giving to the end user. The higher the solve rate, the better customer service we deliver and a better end user experience. In the end the goal should be to Solve a UR rather than closing as Not Identified.
Factors that improve UR solving rate
- Respond quickly to new URs while the issue is fresh in the drivers mind.
- Customize your responses based off information seen in the UR, reference the comments if they wrote one, indicate where the report was, identify differences in the "Waze provided route" and the actual "User Drive".
- Make sure you have done a quick Waze Street View search to see if anything is out of order.
- Do a Google search for the road name and town to see if anything comes up or stands out about the result.
UR Closure Procedure
- When finding a UR, first look for anything obviously wrong either given the area reported, user trace/Waze route or user comments on the UR.
- If the problem can not be identified, a comment should be added asking the reporter for more information.
- If no further information is received within 7 days, follow up with the reporter politely reminding them that we need more information to identify the problem.
- If, after another 7 days there is still no correspondence, leave a final note indicating that the problem was unclear and that we'll need to close the issue as 'Not Identified'. This final notice should mention following up with more information by sending an email to WazeNewYork@gmail.com with the subject 'Attn: <Your Waze username>'.
Closing a UR as Not Identified
- If there is a cluster of URs and you can not figure out the root of the problem, consider leaving the URs open a little longer to see if another UR comes along to provide more information. This may allow you to solve them all or leave a map comment to track.
- Fix another issue in the area. While you may not have solved this issue, make sure we are always improving the map. A good practice is to make at least one improvement in the area (fix/add info to a place, update house numbers, add missing speed limits, etc) when marking a UR as Not Identified - this will help future proof the area.