Difference between revisions of "User:Ldriveskier/Contraflow Configuration"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 18:10, 20 April 2017
Draw a segment for the length of the crossover (no connections). Place it next to and parallel to the lane going the opposite direction, following curves
- Set to Freeway
- Set to one-way
- Set appropriate speed limit
- Match elevation to segment being mirrored (may need to cut for elevation changes, watch especially around exits and underpasses/overpasses)
At the end of the crossover, merge traffic following entrance ramp geometry guidance.
At beginning of the crossover, connect the segment following exit ramp geometry guidance.
- Consider that there will likely be a SWL separating lanes before the actual lane crosses over into oncoming lanes.
Consider adding wayfinders to match signage or provide guidance. For example,
- I-80 W only / Thru traffic
- I-80 W / to exit 187 / I-480 / SR-14
- Note: consider adding "All Exits" if there is more than one exit that is only available from one side
- Note: be sure to remove alt-names to avoid BC
- Note: if setting this up as part of a scheduled reconfiguration, make sure the wayfinder for the existing lanes stays as BC until the crossover is active.
Note: I prefer to draw the whole thing first (before even asking for a downlock), attach the end second, then attach the beginning. If I get pulled away in the middle, I'd rather have a random segment laying around that isn't attached to anything important.
(add some guidance up front pointing to the scheduled reconfigurations page? Or are we going to incorporate this page into that one or into the interchange style guide as Kartografer suggested?)