Draw a segment for the length of the crossover (no connections). Place it next to and parallel to the lane going the opposite direction, following curves
- Set to Freeway
- Set to one-way
- Set appropriate speed limit
- Match elevation to segment being mirrored (may need to cut for elevation changes, watch especially around exits and underpasses/overpasses)
At the end of the crossover, merge traffic following entrance ramp geometry guidance.
At beginning of the crossover, connect the segment following exit ramp geometry guidance.
- Consider that there will likely be a SWL separating lanes before the actual lane crosses over into oncoming lanes.
Consider adding wayfinders to match signage or provide guidance. For example,
- I-80 W only / Thru traffic
- I-80 W / to exit 187 / I-480 / SR-14
- Note: consider adding "All Exits" if there is more than one exit that is only available from one side
- Note: be sure to remove alt-names to avoid BC
- Note: if setting this up as part of a scheduled reconfiguration, make sure the wayfinder for the existing lanes stays as BC until the crossover is active.
Note: I prefer to draw the whole thing first (before even asking for a downlock), attach the end second, then attach the beginning. If I get pulled away in the middle, I'd rather have a random segment laying around that isn't attached to anything important.