Mid-Atlantic Region Large Area Managers
Mid-Atlantic Region Large Area Managers (MAR LAM) help manage large sections of a state working with the local Area Managers. You can also reach out to them for assistance.
MAR LAM Regions
A map of the MAR LAM regions is below.
- MAR LAMs are simplified areas. This may cause coverage into surrounding states. MAR LAM's are expected to get permission from that other state's SM if they wish to edit in that area. Otherwise, MAR LAMs should remain in the state they are assigned.
- As a rough rule of thumb, it is typical to grant MAR LAM areas measured in thousands of square miles.
- There can be more than one MAR LAM for each region.
MAR LAM Responsibilities
- Abbreviation: MAR LAM
- Responsibilities: As the name suggests, MAR LAMs manage a much larger portion of the map than AMs.
- Establish Baseline
- Update segments with unknown direction/clearly-incorrect names (segments from initial basemap import are very common in rural portions of the state even to this day)
- Implement proper Functional Classification for all segment based on national guidance (State Mgrs have implemented in all urban areas, but the majority of counties have never been brought into compliance)
- Ensure all segments are locked to minimum lock level appropriate for their segment type
- Regular Upkeep
- UR/MP Management: perform frequent, regular User Report/Map Problem passes over their entire area in accordance with the recently-standardized UR Management System(may need to be logged into the wiki to see the new content, use your WME username/password)
- Unlock/Update forum response: monitor Unlock/Update forum for any posts in their zone, service directly or escalate if needed
- Construction/Closures: responsible for staying current on all major construction projects, ensuring realtime closures are entered into the system as needed. Encouraged to establish ongoing relationships with municipal/county/ODOT representatives in their zones
- Mentoring/outreach: proactively seek out new editors and encourage them to join the community, stay in regular contact with existing editors who work within their zone and work to help them improve/expand skillsets and knowledge bases
- Rapid Reponse: lead the response coordination effort for unplanned traffic disruptions in their zones (e.g., freeway closure due to major accident)
- MAR LAM should maintain activity on the map and in the community on a weekly basis, and preferably a daily basis
- Establish Baseline
It is requested that a MAR LAM who will be away from map editing activities for more than two (2) weeks please notify the State Managers by private message (PM). This is simply to ensure, if needed, that any adjustments can be made for handling update requests or other activities.
MAR LAM Application Process
- Editor must be an active MAR Area Manager for a polygon larger than PL at Zoom=0 for >45 days
- Editor must be high performing Rank 3 or higher
- Editor should be an active and effective communicator to other editors via forums, Discord, GHO, and/or Private Messages.
If you're already a MAR Area Manager and you're interested in becoming a MAR LAM, please contact your State Managers and discuss possibilities and MAR LAM areas.