Difference between revisions of "User:Orbitc/HowTo/ImageMap"
(Created page with "thumb|400px Here's how to make an imagemap: * Upload the image to the wiki. * Right click on "original image" and copy image URL * Go to [//w...")
m (Protected "User:Orbitc/HowTo/ImageMap" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)) [cascading])
Latest revision as of 23:47, 9 June 2015
Here's how to make an imagemap:
- Upload the image to the wiki.
- Right click on "original image" and copy image URL
- Go to the online imagemap editor
- In the 'OR an image on the Internet box,past the image URL and hit the accept on that line.
- Select "wiki imagmap"
- Start drawing
- When you are done, copy everything out of the box into a simple editor like notepad
- Starting at the first rectangle or polygon
- replace all [[ with [
- replace all |]] with ]
- replace all | with " "
- replace all ]] with ]
- Correct the image.
It says something like https://wiki.waze.com/wiki/images/0/0f/HowToMakeAnImagemap.png.
You want it to say Image:HowToMakeAnImagemap.png
- Use parameters you would use with any image link.
- Use thumb or frameless if you want to control size