First Edits: April 2014
First AM granted: September 2014
LAM SE Wisconsin: 2015-06-01 - Present
RTC Ability (pre R4): 2015-07-10
First Out-of-State AM granted: 2015-12-06
Formal Mentor - December 2015 - Present
- Wisconsin Township Renaming Project
- Worked with state managers and other WI LAMs to rename townships within Wisconsin according to boundary lines provided by state GIS resources. This project was created to resolve the issue of duplicate city names in the same state, in order to provide better navigation to drivers.
- Manually renamed segments and places to conform to new township naming standards in the State of Wisconsin.
- Summerfest Music Festival
- Represente the Waze Editing Community by meeting with the operations management on a regular basis.
- Coordinate temporary road closures, directions changes, and traffic flow altercations with the Summerfest transportation team to effectively minimize bad navigation and incorrect data, and represent any changes as best as possible within the Waze client app.
- Green Bay Packers & Milwaukee Brewers
- Coordinate temporary road closures, directions, and traffic flow altercations with the Summerfest transportation team to effectively minimize incorrect data and represent any changes as best as possible inside the Waze client app.
- Managed the modification of the Maze map in the area to reflect traffic flow altercations made.
- Lakefront Gateway Project Ensured map accuracy by maintaining direct communication with project planners throughout the duration of the project, as well as reviewing social media updates, email updates, and the project website. Provided crucial Boots On The Ground on a regular basis throughout the duration of the project.
- WISDOT CCP Partnership & SE Wisconsin DOT Closures Worke with Lonewolf147 (WI SM) on ensuring daily, nightly, and long-term closures were added to WME. As part of this project, we receive daily emails from DOT Project Managers and Traffic Coordinators with updates on current and upcoming closures. Work closely with DOT Project Managers to determine when projects allow Emergency Vehicles to travel through road closures and relay the information to local emergency services including fire departments and private ambulance services.
- Wisconsin Healthcare Place Rehabilitation Project With my educational and career background being primarily in healthcare, I wanted to focus on updating all healthcare facilities in the State of Wisconsin. The goal of this project is to ensure all healthcare facilities are mapped properly in Waze according to Wiki guidelines and include correct and up-to-date information for users. First focus of the project was to map every large Hospital inside my LAM of Southeast WI, followed by any other AM and Editable Area in Wisconsin to ensure proper navigation to and within each healthcare campus. This included the addition of numerous parking lots in the surrounding areas. Following the completion of hospitals, all Urgent Care and Walk-In facilities were focused on next, ensuring the operating hours for these facilities were correct and up-to-date. This portion of the project is ongoing. The final phase of the project is to focus on small clinics that do not provide urgent care or walk-in medical services. Facilities are currently updated when they discovered or noticed, however this future phase will focus on seeking out all small clinics that are a part of the local healthcare system.
- New Development Tracking Sheet Developed a tracking spreadsheet to keep track of new developments and subdivisions currently being built. This initiative was created with the “no man left behind” motto. The goal of this sheet is to ensure that newly developed areas are added to the map once relevant data is available. This includes, but is not limited to, searching out publicly available construction platts and covenants to get street names, as well as obtaining parcel addresses from GIS sources or subdivision management companies. The tracking sheet was initially made for the State of Wisconsin, and I have since created a sister sheet for the State of Minnesota. Both tracking sheets are available in their respective State Google Drives and pinned in their respective Discord channels. I worked with numerous local and statewide contractors to add current and future projects to the tracking sheets, as well as curated positive relationships to maintain open communication between the contractors and Waze whenever new projects and developments are planned. Data validation and conditional formatting was added to the tracking sheets, allowing any local editor to add or update the sheet while maintaining consistency of the data.
- Jane Mispronunciation Tracking Sheet Started a Jane Mispronunciation tracking sheet for the Great Lakes Region at the request of GizmoGuy411. This sheet serves as a regional collection of words that are mispronounced by the Jane TTS portion of the app, which is regularly given to Waze Staff for pronunciation fixes.
- Bridge, Overpass, Segmentation, and Elevation (BOSE) Established a new editing standard within Wisconsin in collaboration with my state manager, Lonewolf147, called “Bridge, Overpass, Segmentation, and Elevation (BOSE)”. This was based on the “seagull method” originally developed by the Australian editing community. Modifications were made to follow national and regional standards. The implementation of this editing standard as a regional editing standard for the Great Lakes Region is currently being discussed.
Geographical Focus Areas
Great Lakes Region - Wisconsin AM - Sheboygan County Received first pre-R3 RTC ability on 2015-07-10. RTC area was over Sheboygan County down to the middle of Milwaukee County AM - Menomonie & Eau Claire Areas LAM - Southeast Wisconsin RTC ability expanded on 2017-11-11 to cover entire LAM area. Extension was added to the North and Northwest at the request of GizmoGuy411 to include likely areas of issues on expressways as well as monitoring ongoing freeway construction projects.
US Plains Region - Minnesota AM - Twin Cities Rehabilitation Project (2015-12-06) Frequent trips to the area gave me much needed Boots On The Ground. AM area over the Twin Cities was granted so I could clean up URs and PURs, and to get the area back under editor control. The number of active editors in the area has significantly increased since then. AM - Duluth Statewide Area (2017-11-13)
tinfoilhatte (R1 -> R3) Now R4 and MN SM Jacob_Rosenfeld (R1 -> R2)
Beta Leaders Meetup - New York, New York (2015) GLR Meetup - Indianapolis, IN (2016-04-16) GLR Meetup - Indianapolis, IN (2017-08-26) Planning Committee Member WI Waze Cafe - Wisconsin Dells, WI (2017-02-04) WI Waze Cafe - Wisconsin Dells, WI (2018-02-24) MN Waze Cafe - Minneapolis, MN (2018-04-07) (Planned) GLR Meetup - Chicago, IL (2018-10-13) Meetup Guide Creator (to be released closer to meetup) (Expected) PLN Meetup - Minneapolis, MN (2018-10-20) Meetup Guide Creator (to be released closer to meetup) Planning Committee Member
Ohio Training MiniMapRaid (2015) GLR Meetup Raid (2016) GLR Meetup Raid (2017) West Virginia Mapraid (2017) Formal Mentor MapRaid Russia (2018) Formal Mentor
Other Miscellaneous Community Involvement
Beta Leader Beta Tester Android App Waze Map Editor W on Air (iPad) Routing Server GLR/PLN Cross-Region Collaboration Virtual Emergency Operations Center (VEOC) 2016 Hurricane Matthew Gathered PLs for Closure requests 2017 Hurricane Harvey and Irma Gathered PLs for Closure requests
(Last Edited: 12 February 2018)