Difference between revisions of "User:Moweez/Speed limit"
Latest revision as of 19:51, 9 July 2020
We can attribute a Speed Limit (SL) to segments in WME. The number is fixed, and will show in the app. Default SLs as given in the table below are applicable when there are no other signs present.
*As of 1/1/2021, the default speed limit will be 30 km/h in Brussels' urban areas.
- Adding SLs must be based on certainties. You should be familiar with the area where you add them. Please do not enter SLs when you are not 100% sure.
- Make sure you’re using the correct units for SLs! You can switch between Imperial and Metric by clicking on the tab with the ‘Gear’ icon in the left menu. The Gear icon is only visible when no segment or place is selected.
- In some cases it may be required to split segments to be able to enter the correct SL. If the change of speed is near to a junction, it might be better not to create an extra segment. Keep the length of segments to at least 20 meters.
Areas with a lowered speed limit
In a zone with a lowered speed limit, the speed limit is valid for a clear demarcated area. In Belgium, a school zone is such a special area, with a speed limit of 30 km/h. These zones can be announced by a permanent/static, or by a dynamic/electronic 'zone 30' sign. In both cases, the SL must be entered as 30 km/h. Other zones are residential areas and bicycle streets.
Speed limit zone
Speed limits like are valid up to the next speed limit sign, or next junction (BE only). If no speed limit sign is visible, the SL in Belgium after next junction will be the default again. In Luxembourg, the given speed limit from the last sign still counts. Only speed limit signs with the word "zone" on it are valid for all the streets within the indicated area, if no other signs overrule them.
Variable speed limit
The SL might be overruled by other signs, including dynamic signs.
Enter the regular SL also in case of:
- Matrix signs above the road
- Changeable signs
- WME Speedhelper helps speedup the input of speed limits.
- WME Route Speeds script to display the average speed and routing time over one or more segments, on different days and times