User:BobTheWikipedian/Color schemes/Map editors
Last updated Mar 22 2016 to work with Waze v4.
Download schema (Google Drive) (Extract 8.zip and copy ALL contents to /waze/skins/default/day/8/
An updated Map Editors schema, to replace daytime skin #8. A WME lookalike skin that uses the new (October 2015) road colors and styles.
Known technical restrictions:
- Places can no longer be drawn with outlines.
- Places can no longer have transparency.
- Cities are not drawn, only labeled.
What's new (22 Mar 2016):
- Recoded the entire skin to work with Waze v4. (The previous version had a very "gothic" look in Waze v4.)
- Private roads and parking lots are now displayed in tan and gray, respectively.
- Street-class, private-class, and parking-lot-class road names are now properly displayed as black-on-white.
- Place names are now displayed on white to improve readability.
- Fixed an issue where highways and freeways were the old WME shades instead of the new ones when zoomed out.
(11 Oct 2015):
- Updated to match the latest color revision. Most notably, primaries are now a bold yellow and freeways are now pink.
- Colors sampled from the WME to produce more accurate coloring. Colors may appear darker on your mobile device.
- Fixed an issue where dirt roads, paths, and walkways were not hidden when zoomed out.
(28 Jul 2015):
- Adopted WMECH colors, so water places are blue and park places are green.
This skin uses multiple files.