|CitizenTraffic can be reached by private message.|
A Little About Me
|Found out about Waze completely by accident using Google Maps. Was returning home from Chandler when I got caught behind a new accident on I-10 near the tunnel. While I was waiting...and waiting...I figured it would be fun to find out how Google Maps knew about the accident. It stated that it had been reported by a Waze user. I had to find out what that was, so I looked for the app and installed it.|
I immediately fell in love with the features and options. It wasn't but a few days when I discovered that editing was an option. I spent hours the first night just adding "red roads" and wondering why my roads were red and all the other roads were white. It didn't take long for another editor to gently inform me of my errors and what to do to correct them.
That first editing day was April 6, 2015. I have not missed a day editing since!!! :)
Here's a great video explaining Waze and its usefulness. Waze YouTube
- Well, it's been just over a year since I joined the Waze editing team, and today, May 1, 2016, I am the State Manager for Arizona. When I started editing this morning, imagine my surprise when I discovered I had no borders. Way Cool!
- To my utter shock, I was casually informed today that I am "...soon to be SM...". SM, is short for State Manager. - April 20, 2016
- Granted Area Manager over Yuma, AZ - April 8, 2016
- Developed Android app to record Speed Limits offline while driving. It's called SpeedWazer and can be found HERE - April 4, 2016
- Promoted to L4 on January 4, 2016
- Granted Area Manager over Show Low, AZ on August 4, 2015
- Promoted to L3 on July 13, 2015
- Began editing April 6, 2015
- Joined Waze, March 30, 2015
More to come...