User:Hawkeygoal/UR Response Text
This is an on-going work-in-progress. I adjust my pre-formatted responses based on my personal experience.
It should be noted that these responses had their genesis in the the fine work done DwarfLord. Many have been added or amended based on experience in the Chicago Metro area. See DwarfLord's UR Responses.
- 1 Response Text
- 1.1 Full Responses
- 1.2 Not Enough Information
- 1.3 Sentence Snippets
- 2 Tools
These responses can be cut-and-paste into UR conversations or loaded into your favorite tool. In many cases, when replying, it is helpful to edit and customize one of these responses for a particular case.
I didn't include them in this document, but "Thanks!" and "You're Welcome!" should be in the editor lexicon.
Detours / Odd-Routing
- I can't find anything in the map to explain route Waze gave you. Waze wants to save you time every way it can and sometimes it suggests complex detours just to shave a few seconds off your trip. Waze may recommend a "detour" even after the traffic has cleared up because: it doesn't know yet, other Wazers may have reported a temporary street closure, or daily traffic patterns. In any event, I am very sorry to say that we volunteer map editors can't be much help here. Thanks!
- Just a reminder: We haven't received a response on your report. If we don't hear back from you we'll have to infer everything is okay and close the report. Thanks!
Follow-Up - Complete
- We haven't received a response and are inferring that all is well. As you travel, please feel welcome to report any map issues you encounter. Thanks!
Follow-Up - No Response/Closed
- The problem was unclear and volunteers didn't receive a response. As you travel, please feel welcome to report any map issues you encounter. Thanks!
House Number Adjustment
- I've forced Waze to re-register the house number for your destination. I believe this should correct your issue. Please allow 48 hours for changes to be reflected in the live map. If the location is in your saved searches or favorites, please remove them and search for them again to pick up the change in the live map. Please let me know if you continue to experience the problem. Thanks!
Missing Roads / Roads Not Displaying
- The roads here have been pretty thoroughly mapped and we volunteers can't see anything missing that should ordinarily be there. Waze probably simply chose not to show you the road in question. When moving at highway speeds, Waze deliberately chooses not to display some nearby roads to avoid cluttering the screen. If you are certain a road is missing from the map, please reply letting us know as much as possible about the missing road. Thanks!
Road Closure Request - Temporary
- How long will the road be closed? For closures of only a few days, we volunteer map editors can't be much help. It takes at least that long for our edits to make it to devices! When you encounter short-term road closures in the future, please use the Report->Closure feature in the Waze app. If this is a long-term closure please respond and let us know as much as you can. Thanks!
Traffic - Stale Information
- Volunteer map editors can't do anything about Waze's traffic reporting; but, I can explain what may have happened. Waze relies on data from people using Waze to assess traffic. In the case of a fresh accident or slowdown, Waze may not yet have any data on the situation and route you into it because it doesn't know. Once Waze has detected a traffic situation, it can remember it for awhile, sometimes long after the situation changes.
Traffic - Use Traffic Jam
- To report traffic jam conditions, please use the Report -> Traffic Jam options in the Waze app. This will tell Waze about the problem in real-time. Traffic Jam reports can help route you and other Wazers around traffic snarls.
Not Enough Information
General Error Report
- Responding to your "general error" report. The information at hand doesn't describe the situation well enough to act. Would you please provide more detail? Thanks!
Incorrect Junction Report
- Responding to your "incorrect junction" report. Would you please let us know what was in error? At what intersection? Thanks!
Missing Exit Report
- Responding to your "missing exit" report. Would you please let us know what exit you believe is missing? Thanks!
Missing Road Report
- Responding to your "missing road" report. Would you please let us know what road you believe is missing? Thanks!
Turn Not Allowed Report
- Responding to your "turn not allowed" report. Would you please let us know what turn was not, or should not be, allowed? At what intersection? Thanks!
Wrong Driving Direction Report
- Responding to your "wrong driving direction" report. Waze doesn't tell editors where you were going. Would you please let us know what went wrong with the route Waze gave you? If you can include your destination as you entered it into Waze it can be helpful too. Thanks!
- Waze doesn't tell volunteer editors where you were going, although it was probably adjacent to the alley. If you would, please supply your destination as you entered it into Waze it may be helpful in correcting the route. Thanks!
- Would you please let us know what road is closed? Between which locations? Do you know how long?
48 Hour Reply
- Please allow 48 hours for changes to be reflected in the live map.
Close - Feel Welcome to Report
- As you travel, please feel welcome to report any map issues you encounter.
Close - Continuing to Have Issue
- Please let me know if you continue to have the issue.
Clear Saved Locations
- You should removed the location from your favorites and recent searches and re-search for it to update the result.
Thank You - For Reply
- Thank you for your reply.
Thank You - For Report
- Thank you for your report.
- Sorry we couldn't be of more help.
Need More Information
- Would you please provide more detail?
I am currently using the Auto Text Expander extension with these strings.
--Hawkeygoal 16:56, 5 October 2014 (UTC)