User:TserBK/Vietnam/en/Roads and Roundabouts
|This page is a work-in-progress draft.|
Roads and Roundabouts (under development)
| This page is also available in Vietnamese.
Trang này cũng có sẵn bằng tiếng Việt.
- 1 Types of Roads and Roundabouts
- 2 Naming of Roads and Roundabouts
- 3 Direction
- 4 Speed Limit
- 5 Elevation
- 6 Lock Level
- 7 Editing Practices
Types of Roads and Roundabouts
|Category||Type||Application in Vietnam|
|Major Routes||Motorway (MW)||N.A.?|
|Major Highway (MH)||QL (SL>80?90?)|
|Minor Highway (mH)||TL (SL>70?80?)|
|Streets||Primary Streets||HL, (Streets with SL>=60??)|
|Non-routable||Dirt Road / 4X4 Trail||?|
|Parking Lot Road||?|
|Non-drivable||Footpath||Do not draw/use|
|Pedestrianised Area||Do not draw/use|
|Stairway||Do not draw/use|
Naming of Roads and Roundabouts
The name of a road or roundabout consists of 3 sections of information:
(currently Waze does not support "province level" in Vietnam)
- Normal Streets
(under development)(cross-reference to "City" subpage)
For municipalities, respective city names (without TP) shall be used, except that Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh shall be "TP Hồ Chí Minh".
- Hà Nội
- TP Hồ Chí Minh
- Hải Phòng
- Cần Thơ
- Đà Nẵng
Provincial Cities / Counties
- For cities which do NOT share the same names with their provinces, just use the city names.
- Example: Vinh (Vinh City of Nghệ An Province)
- For cities which share the same names with their provinces, use the city names with prefix TP.
- Example: TP Bắc Giang (Bắc Giang City of Bắc Giang Province)
- There are special cases where the same city/county names are used in different provinces. In such cases, province names shall be appended with the county names.
- Châu Thành, Trà Vinh (Châu Thành County of Trà Vinh Province)
- Châu Thành, An Giang (Châu Thành County of An Giang Province)
- Châu Thành, Kiên Giang (Châu Thành County of Kiên Giang Province)
This field shall be selected as "Vietnam".
(refer to sub-page)
Drawing New Roads
Editing Existing Roads