Editing pages on Wazeopedia
Help:Editing pages on Wazeopedia
Editing pages in Wazeopedia is simple. Follow this guide to see how.
New Wazeopedia Editing Guide
If you click to "edit" link on the top of the page you will open the Visual editor. It is called visual because you can see what you will get and don't have to mess with wiki syntax:
Using the Toolbar
The editing toolbar has different sections:
- Paragraph formatting (headings and paragraphs)
- Text formating
- Add citation
- Bulleting and numbering
- Page options
- Source editing-Visual editing switch
You are encouraged to make full use of heading. this will help structure the page, enable users to better understand the content, build the table of content and will assist the search engine in finding the right thing.
Wazeopedia support easy linking between pages and external sources. Just click the link button in the toolbar and then look for the requested pages.
For external web pages paste the entire URL including http/https prefix.
Use the insert menu for adding images, tables and other resources to the page. For more information about image handling see Uploading and managing files and Help:Insert images and files to items.
Don't forget to save your changes: File:Help save.png
Go to the MediaWiki user guide for more information about editing in wikis.
Using the source editor
The source editor allows experienced users make full use of the wiki capabilities. It requires some knowledge in wiki syntax and coding.
click the Edit Source link in the top of the page or select the source editing option from the Visual editor toolbar:
Click the preview button on the bottom of the editing form to see how it will look like once published.
Don't forget to save!
Learn more about wiki syntax
Go to MediaWiki website to learn more about basic and complex wiki editing:
Can I copy content from other sources
You can either copy-paste from other sources, including web pages, documents, and other pages in Wazeopedia. The Visual editor will handle some of the formatting but you might need to fix some issues occurring.
Why can't I edit a page?
There might be some different reason for why you cannot edit a page on Wazeopedia:
- Check if you are currently logged in - only logged users can edit pages.
- I only see the Source editing option - pages that are not in content namespaces (meaning - their address start with a namespace like Template:some page) can only be edited with the source editor.
- Permissions - in specific wikis there are some editing restriction - the Global wiki can be edited only by global champs, and some local wikis by users in the local champs group.
- The page is protected - a local champ or admin had restricted editing for this specific page for some reason
- The page you are trying to edit is not a content page - special pages and some other pages in the platform are not available for editing.
- I can't save - sometimes if you copy content from external resources you might copy some hidden characters that are blocking saving. Try to delete this pasted section and save again. If you need this content paste it without formatting (ctrl+shift+v or cmd+shift+v in most devices). Saving might fail also because of network connectivity issues.
Wazeopedia requires logging in in order to edit local wiki pages. You can log by clicking the LOG...
Logging in to Wazeopedia
You can contribute to Wazeopedia by adding content to your local wiki:
In the left search field...
How to create new pages?