When using Waze Map Editor there are a number of keyboard shortcuts available to make editing the map a bit easier if you don't like to use the mouse as much.
Waze Map Editor shortcuts
Below are the default keyboard shortcuts for the Waze Map Editor. You can customize some keyboard shortcuts by bringing up the keyboard shortcuts help window (with the ? key), select a shortcut and then press the single key you want to use instead of the default one. This affects the current browser and computer only. This shortcut information is not stored on the server, so you would have to repeat this for each computer and browser you use.
- ? (or [Shift]+[/] or [Shift]+[-] or [Shift]+[~] or [Shift]+[ù] ) - shows keyboard shortcuts
- Delete (Del) - delete the selected object (segment, junction, landmark). To delete multiple objects, you must click the trash can icon and confirm the multiple delete.
- Esc - deselect all objects
- [Ctrl]+[s] - save ([Cmd]+[s] also works on Mac)
- f - move the cursor to the search bar
- d - delete node from road geometry while hovering cursor over it during road geometry editing
- r - toggle segment direction between 1-way, reverse-1-way, 2-way and No Entrance (Undefined directionality)
- [Ctrl]+[z] - undo ([Cmd]+[z] also works on Mac)
- [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[y] - redo ([Cmd]+[Shift]+[y] also works on Mac)
- [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[z] - redo ([Cmd]+[Shift]+[z] also works on Mac)
- [Ctrl]+[UpArrow] - increase elevation of selected segments (if all elevations are the same)
- [Ctrl]+[DnArrow] - decrease elevation of selected segments (if all elevations are the same)
- e - when one or more segments are selected, activates Edit mode (shortcut for clicking the Edit button)
- h - when a segment is selected, activates House Number mode (shortcut for clicking the Edit House Numbers button)
- m - toggle multi-select mode. Default behavior is that to select multiple segments, you must use the modifier key to multi-select. When toggled active, multi-select mode lets you select multiple segments without using the modifier key as described in the Selecting Multiple Segments.
- t - when one or more segments are selected, activates Restrictions mode (shortcut for clicking the Add/Edit Restrictions button)
- [Ctrl]+[a] - Select Entire Street
Junctions and Arrows
- a - toggle connection arrows transparent or opaque so you can see beneath them and click items under them
- q - disable all connections for the selected junction which makes the turn arrows all red for that selected junction.
- s - toggles separation of connection arrows so they do not overlap to ease clicking on either
- [Shift]+[z] - toggles display of disallowed connections (turns) for every segment/node in the view. When active, no green arrows are shown.
- w - allow all connections for the selected junction which makes the turn arrows all green for that selected junction. Note that this key will only enable all turns that had not previously been automatically enabled by the Waze routing server, called soft allowed turns. The soft allowed turns have a higher penalty than turns enabled by the editor. Therefore since soft and editor allowed turns have the same color green, if it is known that all turns are enabled at a particular intersection, it is better to first force all turns to disabled with the q key and then press the w key to force them all to editor enabled.
- g - draw a new Gas Station (equivalent to clicking Gas Station under the big + button)
- i - insert/draw new segment (equivalent to clicking Road under the big + button)
- o - draw new roundabout (equivalent to clicking Roundabout under the big + button)
- p - draw a new Parking Lot (equivalent to clicking Parking Lot under the big + button)
- u - draw new landmark (equivalent to clicking Landmark under the big + button)
Visual & Display
- [Shift]+[a] - toggles Area Managers layer
- [Shift]+[c] - toggles Cities layer
- [Shift]+[d] - toggles No Name segment highlighting
- [Shift]+[e] - toggles Editable areas layer
- [Shift]+[f] - toggles Full Screen mode
- [Shift]+[g] - toggles GPS points layer
- [Shift]+[i] - toggles (Satellite) Imagery layer
- [Shift]+[l] - toggles Landmarks layer
- [Shift]+[v] - toggles Live users layer
- [Shift]+[p] - toggles (map) Problems layer
- [Shift]+[r] - toggles Roads layer
- [Shift]+[s] - toggles (speed) Cameras layer
- [Shift]+[u] - toggles Update requests layer
- [Shift]+[v] - toggles Chat window
- [Shift]+[UpArrow] - Zooms the map in one level
- [Shift]+[DownArrow] - Zooms the map out one level
- Arrow Keys - Pan the map in all four directions
- [Shift]+click and double-click - re-centers the map on at the clicked location and zooms in one level
- [Shift]+click+drag mouse - Draws a temporary rectangle and zooms into that portion of the map