Waze is fun and sophisticated navigation app. In the many areas where wazers have worked on the maps for just a couple of months, it is already far superior to commercial GPS navigation aids. Waze is the best and keeps getting better.
But it is not perfect. None of these listed problems from being useful. But they are listed here as a warning, and so you know they are being worked on.
- Navigation problems
- False standstill and heavy traffic reports due to no pause option
- Wandering cities
- Some roads are reverting back to an unconfirmed state (back to Pacman roads with dots on them). Waze is investigating this. Please report any roads that have reverted in this forum thread
- Issues with Cartouche, the map editor
- Known Waze service issues
- Client device problems specific to a device model or operating system
- The forums support Tapatalk for the iPhone but the server plugin has not been updated to the latest version. Tapatalk is a paid app but there is a free version for read only access to the forums
- The GPX downloads of your routes have <trk xmlns=""> which makes them invalid. It should be <trk>