(Redirected from Login to forum)
Waze forums (official)
Waze uses a third party product called phpBB for the forums. You may browse the forums as a guest, but you must login using your Waze username and password to post a message. Logging in also allows:
- New message indication icons
- First unread message links
- Private messaging (PM) with other users
- Topic subscriptions (you receive emails when a new post is made)
The forums support Tapatalk for iOS and Android.
The forums also provide an RSS feed if you prefer to monitor updates that way.
The forums have a search facility, but do not index certain common words. If that is a problem you can follow these instructions to search the forum using Google
Other communication methods
Many states use specific communication methods that may be unique for that state, territory or region. Refer to the USA resource page to find your specific state or territory and go to the Community section.
Waze Map Editor (WME) has an optional chat feature, known as WME Chat, that enables you to chat with other editors that are currently using WME. This feature allows you to ask for help, assist others in need of help, or collaborate in group editing efforts.
Some locations use Google Hangouts to keep in contact with other Waze editors. It includes text, voice, and video communication abilities. Include photos, stickers, and emoji in your messages.
- You must have a G-mail account (free)
- You must be invited to a group channel
- Contact one of your state or territory's area managers or your regional manager through their private message link to see if they use Google Hangouts for your area. They can explain the process and get you invited.
Some locations use Slack to keep in contact with other Waze editors. It focuses on text communications with the ability to share images and files. It includes special notification options to keep you informed when topics come up for which you are interested.
- Contact one of your state or territory's area managers or your regional manager through their private message link to see if they use Slack for your area. They can explain the process and get you invited.
IRC - Internet Rally Chat
Many years ago, Waze users took advantage of the ##waze IRC channel on the freenode.net network to chat in real time.
Prior to that, Waze users originally used the #waze IRC on the shadowfire.org network.