In the Plains region, stations are named as Station Name (Brand). If the station brand is unknown, then Station Name. If the station name and brand are the same, then Brand. For example:
|MinitMart (Shell)||[Store Name (Brand)]|
|Joe's Gas & Tackle||[Store Name with no Brand]|
|QuikTrip||[Store Name & Brand are the same]|
Public Water Access in Minnesota
The land of 10,000-or-so lakes also seems to be the land of 10,000-or-so public water access points. Those best known points are largely DNR-maintained, and, fortunately, have published information available online.
If you come across one of these points, please add it as a "Marina" type place point with the following information:
- Identify the ramp using this map: [url]https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/water_access/counties.html[/url]
- Use the naming convention: "[Ramp Name] - Public Water Access"
- If the boat ramp is not named, use "[Lake Name] - Public Water Access"
- If a lake has more than one unnamed access point, include a cardinal direction if no signs or other information is available, "[Lake Name] North - Public Water Access"
- If you're still not sure "'ask your AM/ SM'"
- Use the following URL: https://www.dnr.state.mn.us/water_access/index.html
- Most ramps are 24hr access unless otherwise posted.
- Harmonize & save at a level 3 minimum (or request an uplock on Discord if you are L1/L2).
Additionally, you'll want to update or add the following:
- Add the corresponding PLA with the following name - "[Same Name as Above] - Public Parking"
- Add a PLR connecting the main road down to the parking area with an appropriate stop point for the marina
Do Not Lock a place if the following is not true:
Places should be completed as fully as possible any time they are created or updated. At a minimum, editors should:
- Verify correct spelling of the name, using the guidelines below
- Complete the address, to help when choosing among search results in the app, and
- Ensure the correct location of the Point or Stop Point, to guide drivers to the correct location. Note that this may not always be on the street side of the location.
Phone numbers and opening hours are also particularly helpful to Wazers. Complete them whenever possible, using an online search, if necessary. Photos should help Wazers recognize the destination when they arrive.
|PLACE TYPE||LOCK LEVEL|
|Commercial Service – Primary Airports||5|
|General Aviation Airports||3|
|Other Public-Use Airports||3|
|Hospitals / Urgent Care / Police & Fire Dept||4|
|National & State Parks and Monuments||4|
|Major Shopping Centers||4|
|Gas Stations / Charging Stations||3|
|Schools / Universities / Colleges||3|
|Government Buildings / Consulates||3|
- All Places that have complete information (to include, at a minimum, address/city, hours of operation, phone number) are to be locked at Level 3. This is to prevent loss of data due to automatic acceptance of Place Update submissions from Trusted Users, or Place Update Request approvals from other editors without careful examination.
- If you do not have a high enough enough rank to lock the place as indicated, please lock it as high as you can, and notify a higher rank AM, SM, CM, or Champ to lock it higher.
Place Name Harmonization
These name spellings are standardized so that Wazers will receive consistent results when searching in the client. Please use them when you edit one of these chain or franchise businesses.
If you don't find the business you're looking for, please use this form to submit the missing information.