Frontage roads along Freeways should be matched to FC. If FC does not list the frontage road, type it as a Minor Highway.
Turnarounds (u-turns under/over freeways), should be named "Turnaround" and matched to FC. If FC does not list the Turnaround, match it to the lowest road type that it touches - similar to AGCs.
|State Loop||SH-XX LOOP|
|State Spur||SH-XX SPUR|
|County Road||Varies by county, see Oklahoma/Counties for further guidance|
- I-35 Texas to Kansas
- I-40 Texas to Arkansas
- I-44 Texas to Missouri
- I-235 Spur through Oklahoma City
- I-240 Spur between Oklahoma City and Moore
- I-244 Bypass of Tulsa
- I-444 Auxiliary to I-244 in Tulsa (unsigned)
Turnpikes throughout the state
All turnpike segments and on-ramps should be marked 'Toll Road' so users are not directed on to them with Avoid Toll Roads selected.
- Cherokee Turnpike (US-412) between east of US-69 to West Siloam Springs
- Chickasaw Turnpike (SH-1) two lane turnpike between Ada and Sulphur
- Cimarron Turnpike (US-412) between I-35 and US-64
- Creek Turnpike (SH-364) spur in the Tulsa Metro
- H. E. Bailey Turnpike (I-44) from Texas to near Oklahoma City
- John Kilpatrick Turnpike spur in the Oklahoma City Metro
- Indian Nation Turnpike from I-40 to near the Texas border
- Muskogee Turnpike (SH-351) from SH-51 to I-40
- Turner Turnpike (I-44) from Oklahoma City to Tulsa
- Will Rogers Turnpike (I-44) from Tulsa to Missouri state line
In Oklahoma we have a set minimum standard for locking roads based on segment type. Any road of a certain segment type must be locked at least to the rank (level) in the chart below. Roads may be locked higher for protection and special situations (areas with construction, tricky design, frequent mistakes, imaging inaccuracies, and the like), but should not be locked lower.
A great time to implement these locks is while bringing the road types of an area into compliance with the current US road type standards (FC and highway systems). Lock the roads based on type after they've been set to current US road type standards.