|This revision of a section is currently undergoing modifications. The information presented should be considered a draft, not yet ready for use. Content is being prepared by one or more users. Do not make any changes before you send a private message to this user.|
Set the stop point for a place
Point place position
Move a point place
Adjust a stop point
In some instances, it may be necessary to position the stop point for a point place apart from its actual location. To adjust the stop point, drag the crosshair to the desired location. A dashed line will illustrate the link between the stop point and the point place.
A building with one point place:
- If there is only one door, position it at that door.
- If the front door is not located near a parking lot road or the appropriate routable segment, set the stop point to the drop off location.
- If there are multiple doors on the same side, (like a supermarket,) place it at the stop point equidistant from and collinear with the two front doors.
- If there are multiple doors on different sides, (like some mall anchor stores,) if there's no "obvious" front door, position it either at the door facing the largest parking lot or at the door facing the street matching the location's street address.
A single building with multiple point places within:
- At a strip mall, put each store's stop point at the store's "front door".
- At a larger mall, put the point place as close as possible to the actual location of the store; then, set the stop point at the nearest mall entrance.
- For multi-story office buildings, use the front door rule since people will need to enter that way to get to all the offices.
Area place position
The 30px icon is the adjustable stop point for area places.