Real time closures
Roads may be partially or completely closed in one or both directions
- If this will be for more than a few days, you should edit the map.
NOTE: The current time frame for map tile generation is every day on all map infrastructures. Due to when the map update cycle starts, road closures and openings should be saved in the editor two days prior to the event.
- Don't forget to edit the map back when the road partially or completely reopens.
- If a road is closed, it is recommended to disconnect the section of road that is closed. Changing the road direction to "Unknown" will not prevent routing on the road since this means to Waze that it should analyze drives along this segment and change the road direction automatically. This setting will allow Waze to create routes along the road as if it were a 2-way segment.
- If one direction of a road is closed, change the road direction to "One-Way" and also put a turn restriction as appropriate on junctions with the road.
- There is no need to edit the map for lane closures.
- If the road is slower than usual, Waze will learn the average road speed has fallen and make automatic road reports
- If there is an official detour route, Waze will learn about it as you drive it
- You should check all surrounding roads are mapped properly and have correct directionality and connectivity so that Waze can find the best detour.