- The legacy toll road attribute is gone and has been replaced by toll restriction in the Time Based Segment restriction.
- Tolls can either be cash, transponder, or combination of cash and transponder
- For mapping tolls that are associated with HOV, HOT, or Express Lanes, please refer to the HOV wazeopedia page. [link when completed.
Toll Transponder Companies supported
The following companies’ toll transponders are supported in Waze:
- E-ZPass (E-ZPassFlex - see if can get Flex added separately for HOV routing)
How to map toll restrictions
- Mark a road segment as a toll segment only:
- The segment has a toll booth, transponder reader, or other tolling device
- Do not mark the toll restriction for segments that lead up to the final toll segment even if they have no other exit except the final toll segment
|| Note Waze assigns a large penalty for each road segment marked with a toll restriction if a user has avoid toll roads selected. Marking each toll booth/transponder for segment helps to route the user off at each exit if the user has selected avoid tolls but allows them to take a short toll road if only reasonable route.
Entering toll restrictions
To mark a segment for toll:
|| Note The toll attribute check box for the toll attribute moved to the first pop up for TBSRs from under the segment's road type.
- Select Add restrictions (Time Based Segment Restrictions) on the left panel when the segment is selected
- Check the toll road attribute in the bottom left corner of the popup box
- Select the appropriate direction two way/ A-> B / B-> A and a second popup box appears
- Select Entire segment in the Applies to section if all lanes are the same for cash, transponder, or combination
- Select Left lane / Center lane / Right lane in the Applies to section if some lanes are transponder only
- Select Left lane / Center lane / Right lane in the Applies to section if all lanes are combination cash and transponder
- Select None in the Applies to section
- Select appropriate Days, Hours, and Every week [Note every week can be a date range but probably not used for HOV]
- Driving is _____ for
- Select allowed for
- Select Vehicle type by clicking the + on the green add restriction banner and a drop down menu will appear
- private vehicle is added
- Add each vehicle type allowed on the toll road, for cash need private vehicle and taxi
- If applicable, select subscription by clicking the +' on the green add restriction banner and a drop down menu will appear
- Select applicable transponder company by clicking the Sunpass and a drop down menu will appear with all available companies
- If there are transponder only lanes with a different speed limit, then add a the side that the lanes are on (Right lane / Left lane) with the transponder only restrictions
- If the manned cash stations are only open part of the day be sure to
- Add the appropriate time and restrictions for transponder only toll collection
|| Note be sure to add the Driving is Prohibited period(s) if limited hours for manned toll station.