General DOT Maps
The WI DOT recently (2015) updated their entire website.
Wisocnsin County Maps
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is pleased to provide highly detailed county maps online. Produced at a 1:100,000 scale, the maps contain the following pieces of information:
- Major local road networks
- Interstate corridors
- U.S., state, and county routes
- Recreation areas
- Points of interest
- Urban boundaries
- Town roads with names
- Federal and state forest boundaries
- Indian reservations
- Township boundaries
The maps are color Adobe PDF files at 11" x 17" size. They are single county productions only and not designed to act as a foldable roadmap.
Functional Classification Road Maps
- If the links are not working in your browser, an FTP client will work if you use the following:
- Site: ftp.dot.wi.gov
- Default Directory: /dtim/bop/functional
*NEW* Please check below for known, more current FC maps than those in the DOT's FTP server!
GIS Maps by County
Known Functional Classification maps that are newer than those on the state DOT's FTP server can be found in the (FC) links.
- Chippewa State Supported
- Chippewa County Supported
- Dane (FC 2013)
- Eau Claire
- Menominee (None Available)
- Saint Croix
Tips for using GIS Maps
- For maps hosted with WG Xtreme, using the "Advanced Map" tab, you can turn off plot labels to clear up street names (if they are in the way of road names)
- This map was approved by the MPO Policy Board on December 3, 2014. Source: Brown County Transportation Department
- This GIS map will not work at high resolutions. You may need to downsize your browser in order to view this map
- After the disclaimer page, click 'Main'