Please review the content of this page, and add things that need updating to the section below.
- ☑ Update links to other UK pages (Atrophicshiner (talk))
- ☑ Update links to Global pages (via special aliases) (Atrophicshiner (talk))
- ☑ Rearrange content; move Abbreviations down (Atrophicshiner (talk))
- ☑ Update ramp naming as per forum thread (Atrophicshiner (talk))
- ☐ Add guidelines for Junction badges
- ☐ Add guidelines to How to correctly label Railway Stations <-- This should be added to Places (Atrophicshiner (talk))
Non-drivable – these are the Walking Trail, Pedestrian Boardwalk and Stairway types (Footpath, Pedestrianised area and Stairway in English (UK)) types and are useful where there are addresses which are not directly accessible by road. They are generally not worth adding “because they are there and Waze is a mapping app, isn’t it?” because Waze is a navigation app and we’re only interested in routes which will be useful for navigation. There is an example here where house-numbers have been added to a footpath as that is the only way of getting near to these addresses.
New editors frequently add footpaths across parks and commons and these generally serve no purpose and can be left alone. There are times, however, when footpaths need to be discouraged, particularly where they add clutter to the display in the app and could cause confusion to drivers. Where Area Managers come across examples, they should be deleted with a PM to the originator pointing them at this section of Wazeopedia.