Difference between revisions of "File:Dashboard stats 201404.png"
m (Protected "Glossary" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Revision as of 09:25, 30 April 2015
| This page is updated from an external source.
Any changes made here may be overwritten.
If you have suggested changes please contact one of the authors (Template:Username, or Template:Username), or fill out this form.
|This glossary page has been redesigned, and majorly overhauled on April 26th, 2015. Please see the Talk page for details about the redesign, credits, forum links, and more.|
|You must stats 201404.png login above to ensure that you are viewing the latest revision of this page. You are seeing revisions only up toː 2015-04-30 09ː04ː42 UTC|
This comprehensive Glossary has been designed to function as a glossary, an index and a cross reference by means of sorting features and a table of context index.
It attempts to include all of the many abbreviations, acronyms and terms that we may see in the various Waze communication mediums.
Some existed before Waze, while others were officially coined by Waze. Many evolved naturally within the various Waze communication mediums used by Wazers and staff alike. Regardless of origin, all are important to help understand Waze Speak!
Please carefully consider your use of the abbreviations and acronyms in your conversations, since
they can be unfamiliar when not used in conjunction with other terms or without defining context.
Many terms apply globally, however, this glossary is North American English centric.
The descriptions within this Glossary attempt to merely resolve ambiguity of terms, and reference other Wiki pages, articles, and sections, along with other Waze and external sources. This intentional lack of description content helps avoid duplication of source content, and facilitates future maintenance when source content changes.
- Sort on the date column to see the latest changes.
- You can link directly to any item in the glossary table by putting the term name or any of its listed aliases, or abbreviations as a section link.
- For example: you can link to the Wayfinder listing using or
- If you link to a term or alias which is listed multiple times in the table, the link will go to the first one listed. To be certain the link goes to the correct entry make sure the term or alias you choose is not duplicated on any other entries. (E.g. a link to will go to the Self Management entry and not the State Manager entry)
- When looking at any entry in this Glossary, you will see the main term followed by several other terms showing various relations to this term.
- The second column lists any common aliases or abbreviations, telling you that all these terms have the same definition.
- At the bottom of the description there may be links to other entries which help explain the current term. You will also find links to the relevant wiki pages and other sources here. Browsing these links is essential to understanding the current term properly.
- Listed underneath the link at the bottom of the description column are any other glossary entries which link to this entry as part of their description. These are entries which do not define the current term, rather the current term is used to help define them. These are listed in small text as "Related Entries". Browsing these entries may give you a fuller understanding of the current topic.
- There is a Bookmarklet available which will take you directly to the Glossary Entry for a term from anywhere on the web. Just highlight the term and then click the BM, or enter the term after clicking on the BM. It will open the Glossary, and jump to that term if it exists as a listed term or alias / abbr. (This is case sensitive).
While a few non-Waze centric term are included above, many more may be found in various resources such as the Wiktionary - English Internet Slang.
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||10:12, 30 November 2015||484 × 675 (30 KB)||Maintenance script||Importing file|
The following file is a duplicate of this file (more details):
- File:Dashboard stats 201404.png from a shared repository