The Falcon Snapper helps to locate you on the right segment. With specifying Road width the placement will be even more accurate, especially in complex situations.
Only the number of lanes at the start of a segment counts. Editors will be able to input the number of lanes at the entrance of a segment, and this will be multiplied by the default or set road width. We are not going to split road segments because the number of lanes are changing.
- Select a segment
- Access the road width from the renamed tab “Lanes & Road Width” in side panel
- For each direction you can:
- Add the number of lanes at the entrance of the segment
- See the default road width
- Override the default road width if needed
Map the number of lanes in the following scenarios:
- Forking points like exit ramps - In case of forking points make sure to add the number of lanes to all the segments involved.
- Parallel Roads - Make sure to map the number of lanes for all the segments of the parallel roads for as long as they are close to each other.
- Hov Lanes - Where the HOV is an independent segment, this can be seen as a sub-type of the Parallel Roads.
- Toll Booths - If a toll booth is composed of multiple segments make sure to split the number of lanes based on the number of segments to have full coverage.
As said before this will improve the snapping algorithm and provide a smoother experience for the drivers.