Apprentice editor (level 2)
Level 2 is automatically assigned after reaching 3000 edits. Before this, level 2 can be requested if the answers on the following questions are positive.
- You did already some edits?
- Do you actively participate in the Community?
- You know where to find information on the Wiki?
Prerequisites for a request:
- Having read carefully the Quick start guide.
- At least 1.000 quality Map updates.
- At least 10 useful posts on the forum and/or in slack.
What is extra (compared to level 1):
- Editable area is doubled from 1 mile to 2 miles around your drives of approximately the past three months.
- Update Primary streets in the WME.
- Use a new avatar, the Waze Robot - in the Waze app.
What is expected from you:
- Read the Dutch Advanced Guide
- If you wish, you can get a personal mentor (L3+).
Area Manager (level 3)
Prerequisites for an Area Manager (AM) are:
- Be an active member of our Community
- Read carefully the Dutch Advanced Guide
- At least 25.000 good quality Map updates
- A Google account to be able to work with GoogleDocs..
- You can become an Area Manager by requesting an area.
- You get a Region Manager (RM) as coach.
- Follow up on road works
- Act on Closures
- Coaching starting editors
- Be available for your RM coach
- Execute small assignments.
What is extra (compared to level 2):
- Able to maintain extra road types like Minor Highways
- Able to maintain Lane Guidance
- Set Closures
- Use a new avatar in the Waze app: the Waze_8bit
- Member of the Area Manager Group.
Region manager (level 4)
- You are a proven experienced editor
- At least 100.000 map edits
- You are an active member of our Community
- Request to become a RM by sending a PM to one of the Country Managers.
- Or submit a request in the forum
- Or on request of a Country Manager.
What is expected from Region Managers:
- Coaching Area managers
What is extra (compared to level 3):
- Maximum lock level raises to 4
- Region Managers are listed on Community page.
Local Waze Champ (level 4)
- Send a PM to a Country Manager
- Request in the forum
- On request of a Country Manager
What is expected from Local Champs:
- Being active on the Slack channels and on the Forum answering questions
- Execute L4-Unlock Requests [UR]
What is extra (compared to a RM):
- Member of the group Local Waze Champs.
- Access to separate subforum and Slack channels..
- All Local Waze Champs are listed on the Community page.
Country Manager (level 5)
- In consultation with Country Managers and Champs
What is expected from you:
- Coaching and monitoring Region Managers (L4)
- Processing L5 Unlock Requests [UR]
- Status reporting to Global Champs (L6)
- Make clear arrangements for Country Managers and Region Managers
- Fulfil activities on request of Global Champs.
- Coordinate, lead and/or assist on special projects.
What is extra (compared to RM):
- The complete country as Editable area
- Forum: black username.
- All Country Managers are listed on Community page .
Global Champ & Community Leaders (level 6)
L6 Wazers are in direct contact with several people in the Waze organisation.
They communicate the interesting news to the Community.
L6 Wazers have access to the international Global Champs forum.
A list with the Waze Champs can be requested via this forum search.