We will be conducting a MapRaid! NY starting on Monday, 11/9/2104.
We will start by focusing on the five boroughs of NYC. The group will be divided into five teams, one for each borough. Each team will have their own assigned senior editor (rank 6, or 5) who will be able to edit anywhere in the state of NY, but will focus on their assigned borough. Most of the communication will happen in the MapRaid! NY Google Hangout chat.
Our primary mission will be to handle the URs, and PURs, followed by checking turn angles at intersections, and turn restrictions. Our secondary mission will be to complete the FC Upgrade for the whole NYC, it's already about 60% complete.
- New York State wiki lists all the deviations from national mapping standards
- New York Mapping Resources contains links to GIS and FC maps
- Update Requests (URs) lots of info on dealing and properly handling URs
- Places (including PURs) lots of info on proper mapping of Places, and handling Place Update Requests (PURs)
- Junction Style Guide all about creating and editing junctions (intersections and interchanges
- Controlling turn instructions setting the proper angles to get the turn instructions we want at a junction
- NYPD precincts
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
|Click here to view the MapRaid! NYC forum thread|
|MapRaid! NY Editors|
Regional Coordinator: OrbitC ( )
|Username (rank)||Team Assigned||Comments|
|Orbitc(6) [ ]|