| MapRaid participants: please do not edit in the area of the mapraid until the offical start time. This will allow us to get good mapraid statistics.
This mapraid page is still under construction. Please be patient as we get it ready for the upcoming raid.
MapRaid Philadelphia June 2015 will be 7 June at 17:00 UTC (1:00 PM EDT) through 14 June 2015. The group will be divided into 5 groups, one for each section. Each group will have both local and senior editors, one of which will be the "Group leader" - listed in blue below. Please direct all questions to your group leaders. The raid hosts will be available across all areas for added support.
|orbitc(6) [ ]||Regional Coordinator|| |
Map Raid Organizer
|MGODLEW(6) [ ]||Resident of state|| |
|jondrush(6) [ ]||Resident of state|| |
Our primary mission is to handle
- URs -- On day 1, please respond to all URs which do not have enough information.
- PURs (Places)
- General map verification, restricted turn verification (Shift + Z)
- Functional Classification.
- 1 Mapraid managers
- 2 Mission
- 3 Groups
- 4 About this map raid
- 5 Communication
- 6 Reference Links
- 7 Mapraid edit lists
- 8 Results
- 9 MapRaid Promotions
About this map raid
Please read the entire MapRaid wiki. If you are still uncertain what to do about something you see on the map, please ask your group leader.
Beginning and junior editors -- find a senior editor and start asking questions. Take this raid as a learning opportunity. Everything new you learn -- do a little follow-up reading in the wiki to make sure you understand. The more you learn, and the more positive interaction you get with the senior editors, the better you can prepare yourself for a future rank upgrade or area expansion. There are always a few promotion announcements at the end of every map raid.
Thank You for your help with the map.
Mapraid UR Rules
We will follow the usual US UR etiquette with one exception: During the Map raid, the wait time is reduced to 4 days. Do not close URs if the UR contains a tag such as [NOTE], [CLOSURE], or any other [MESSAGE] -- check with the editor who placed the tag.
Do Not Mass-Edit
DO NOT perform edits that affect large numbers of segments at once. We want to be able to see how URs and other problems got resolved. Mass edits can be done at the end of the map raid.
We use micro-doglegs (very short geometry sections of segments) to engineer turn- vs. stay/keep/exit instructions. Zoom in very close to see these micro-doglegs. Preserve them.
Road Types, Names, and Functional Classification (FC)
In Pennsylvania , we follow general US standards for road types based on the hybrid rule of FC and Route Type. Special road names are
- Federal: I-195 E, US-9
- State: SR-35 S, SR-72
- If the state road appears on the sign that drivers see as PA-xxx, use that in the road name.
If a road has more than one name follow the standard for Concurrent names on US roads.
In Pennsylvania we have a set minimum standard for locking roads based on segment type. Any road of a certain segment type must be locked at least to the rank (level) in the chart below. Roads may be locked higher for protection and special situations (areas with construction, tricky design, frequent mistakes, imaging inaccuracies, and the like), but should not be locked lower.
A great time to implement these locks is while bringing the road types of an area into compliance with the current US road type standards (FC and highway systems). Lock the roads based on type after they've been set to current US road type standards.
|Highest rank of connected segments|
Note: Do Not Mass Edit just to update locks to these standards, these can be adjusted as you find them while editing other aspects of the segments such as FC, speed limits, naming, etc.
Some segments still warrant higher locks and care should be taken when setting segment lock to these standards to look for and protect these special setups with higher locks. Some examples; segments which are part of BDP, U-turn prevention, or using micro-doglegs, or other complex intersection setups.
Pennsylvania follows the US standards for Places.
How to order a Philly cheesesteak
If you go to Pat's or Geno's, don't ask for a cheese steak -- that's redundant. Say "One, provolone, with". Or, if you must, "One, wiz, with".
We will use #Slack Channels. There is a Pennsylvania Raid general channel and also a channel for each raid group. Please be sure to join the slack WazeMapRaid Team and join the channels for the specific MapRaid and group you are assigned to. If you are not already part of the WazeMapRaid slack team, Click here to get your Slack invitation. Be sure to choose WazeMapRaid to the MapRaid question. If you have trouble getting into the slack team and channels, please reach out to one of the MapRaid organizers.
WME chat can also be used. The WME Chat addon is recommended.
- New editor welcome page
- Waze Map Editor
- Best Map Editing Practice
- Editing manual
- Common editing mistakes
- How to make a Permalink
- All about using the WME Chat
- Community Plugins, Extensions and Tools where you'll links and descriptions to most of the editing scripts being used. Some of these are essential to good editing, and others make the editing process much easier. WME Validator, URO+, and WME Toolbox are highly recommended.
Recommended Tools for MapRaid
- Mapraid Overlay tampermonkey/greasemonkey required
- Map Raid Place Browser tampermonkey/greasemonkey required
- UR Comments - a tremendous time and labor saving tool with automation and integration with URO+, to help with working URs. Read the documentation. Tampermonkey / greasemonkey required
- The WME Reference Sheet[PDF] is a printable double-sided tri-fold quick reference guide to some of the common topics used in WME.
- Validator is a script that validates a map area in Waze Map Editor, highlights issues and generates a very detailed report with wiki references and solutions.
- WME Chat Addon is a script that improves the WME chat GUI. For a list of all the features check the thread here -- Tapermonkey/Greasmonkey required
For more information, please see Pennsylvania/Resources
- City/County of Philadelphia (all groups) Street and FC
- Delaware County (groups A, B, C) Parcels and FC
- Montgomery County (groups B, C, D) Streets (PDF), County Roads and FC
- Bucks County(E and D) Parcels and FC
- Chester County (group 2 -- a tiny corner) Streets and Parcels and FC
Mapraid edit lists
Spreadsheets and forms are being used to streamline management of various group efforts and track important edits. Below you can find links to use these these forms, sheets, and see the lists.
|Check back here after the raid is completed to see the results and achievements|
Some editors really let their bright side out, and let their community skills shine. This is even more evident in a concerted group effort with high-density editing like a MapRaid!. Editors of all ranks working closely with each other and the Champs, really lets us everyone get to know each other, and allows certain editors to be recognized for their skills and effort.
When the Champs see someone consistently editing well, interacting well with the community, and knowledgeable of the various details from the Wiki, they can issue promotions. This can be anything from the size of a managed area, to a rank increase, or even a new role.
|Watch here for results of promotions during and after the raid.|