|This new page is currently undergoing modifications. The information presented should be considered a draft, not yet ready for use. This content is open to changes from anyone during construction. If you would like to make changes or have questions, please post a message in this forum.|
We have a new community role called: "State Manager (SM)" for the USA.
|Expand the description of the State Manager (SM)|
To be eligible for the title of State Manager, an editor needs to be:
- Experienced rank 4 editor or better
- Active in community
- Active in the forums and chat
- Able to add / update wiki.
Roles & Responsibilities
SM responsibilities will include the following, but are not limited to:
- Being granted editing rights in their entire state.
- Making sure Unlocks/Updates related to their state are addressed timely.
- Working with editors on issues that are related to editing and other issues as they arise.
- Maintaining and updating a closures list / wiki (if necessary) for their state.
- Maintain/Update/Lead a dedicated state sub-forum in the Waze Forum.
- They can monitor the forum, post updates, keep enthusiasm about state discussions going, and help keep the RC informed.
- Help inform editors about existing policy and help evolve that policy based upon their work within a state.
- Identify key areas in their state.
- Identify, and keep the RC (and Local Champ, or Global Champ where available) informed about advancing editors with good skills, and those editors which need improvement. (Basically the RCs would like to get the SM's opinion on editors in their state.)
- Keep a lookout for newer editors throughout their state, and educate them by mentoring them formally, or informally.
How to become a State Manager
An editor must meet the requirements stated in the section Requirements. The final approval/decision will be assigned by the Regional Coordinator (RC) for that state.
This role is not the same as AM with a larger area. There is a much greater community involvement with this role. There could also be multiple SMs for a state.
If state is too small to have their own SM, then a neighboring SM would manage that state.
State Manager Useful Links
- New Community Role: State Manager (SM) forum post.
- US State Managers closed forum for SMs.
State Manager list
This is a current list of State Managers sorted by state